Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Yarn Along: August

Happy August!  (Didn't July go fast?!?)  Happy Yarn Along!  I'm joining Ginny this afternoon for the August Yarn Along.



I'm still working on my Polka Dot Party Socks.  Sock #1 is done, sock #2 is nearly to the heel portion.  While I'm dreading doing the heel (wrap and turn heels are just not my thing), I'm really hoping to get this sock finished in the next couple of weeks. I'm dying to start my next pair--pattern and yarn all picked out and everything, with a finished project deadline of early October in mind.

Meanwhile, the garden has me busy canning just about every other day.  Cucumbers are going strong, my peas are finally filling out their pods, the bush beans are ready to burst into production and I need to pull up (and can) my beets before the deer eat them all!

I'm reading little these days.  I currently have a couple books from the library; Berry The Hatchet is a light reading mystery, and Quiltmakers 1000 Blocks is eye candy and inspiration for projects this fall.  Summer surely is a busy time of year, and I'm dreaming of hours in front of my sewing machine once the garden is finished for the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment