Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Yarn Along: October

I am joining Ginny for this month's edition of the Yarn Along.

Apparently my knitting for the past month has a theme:  socks.  Not a huge surprise, since socks are the reason I wanted to learn to knit in the first place.  But, looking back on the weeks since the last Yarn Along, I find that I didn't knit one single project other than socks.  I thought about a dish cloth or two, I contemplated casting on a shawl, but it turns out all I knit was socks, socks, and more socks. In that time frame I finished DD2's surprise UP Socks (which are in the mail to her right now, as her birthday is this coming weekend)

One of DD2's UP Socks

I also started and finished a pair of Crystalline Socks for me; doing them as anklets, since I only had a small skein--231 yards--of this lovely soft squishy yarn that begged to be made into socks for my feet.

my Crystalline anklets
(yarn is Knit Picks Stroll fingering in Sprinkle Heather)

barely enough yarn to make them
(but now I know that for sure I can make myself anklets out of 50g of yarn)

And I am 3/4 of the way through a pair of Ribbed Socks for Toad.

Toad has been dropping hints for another pair of Grandma-made socks off and on all summer.  Recently he informed me that his favorite color is no longer red, it's dark blue.  Since I made red socks this Spring when his favorite was red, I guess he's hoping I will made a new pair in his new favorite color.  Lucky boy, I happened to have a partial skein of dark blue sock yarn in my stash that is more than enough yardage for a pair of socks for a 4 year old.  I also happen to have a soft spot for knitting requests from my grandkids.

Toad's dark blue socks in progress


I also did quite a bit of reading, getting in three entire books in September:

The First Love, which is Beverly Lewis's latest novel.

Bad Housekeeping by Maia Chance and also Come Hell or Highball by Maia Chance.  She may be a new favorite author of mine; her books are funny fast reading mysteries without a lot of gore or sex.  Thanks to my local librarian for recommending her.  

No comments:

Post a Comment