Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Yarn Along: September

It's Yarn Along time again! I'm joining with Ginny to see what everyone has been reading and working on in the past month.

I finished the blue beachcomber shawl, but have to confess that I still haven't blocked it. Or taken a picture of it.  I really need to do both before I forget. September is looking like a busy month, and the shawl is intended for a birthday gift in early October.  Must remember to block and photograph.

I also finished sock #1 of my Christmas Eve socks. I really love how it turned out.  It's so soft and squishy, I can't wait to wear it.




Instead of casting on for sock #2 though, I cast on for the first of three sweaters I want to knit the grandkids for Christmas.  I promise I'm not having Second Sock Syndrome, I'm just exercising a lot of restraint and being a monogamous knitter until this first sweater is done.  It's the largest one I'm making, for K3, in a girls' size 8.  I have one sleeve and the neckband to do on it yet, then I will definitely cast on that second sock.


The pattern is Sunday Sweater, which is Ginny's own. It's really well written and super easy to follow.  I think I'll be finished with this project before the weekend is over.  Then I'll cast on Sock #2 of those Christmas Eve socks, as well as my next sweater project--pattern still TBD, but will be a boy's size 6. 

There is a long road trip coming up, and I think I can get both the second sock and the next sweater completed before returning home. Maybe even the third sweater, which, for Rascal, will be a tiny baby sweater in a size 6 months.  It's a really, really, long road trip.  One that deserves it's own post (teaser: DD2 was offered a cool job far, far away from Michigan).

Reading-wise, I haven't done much reading lately. I did read a couple of mysteries:

I enjoyed both; A Batter of Life and Death was a lighter read, and Breaking Silence more of a dark thriller.  Currently I am reading Get Lucky by Katherine Center although I'm not very far into it yet.



No comments:

Post a Comment