Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Yarn Along: October

It's hard to believe that October is here all ready.  September really sped by, and here it is time for another Yarn Along with Ginny.

I finished both the Sunday Sweater I was making for K3 and the Christmas Eve Socks for myself.  Well, they are off the needles, anyway.  Both need blocking yet, and I haven't sewn any buttons on the sweater.


the color is off in this picture, it is really a much brighter, 'girly' blue

oh how I love these socks!

Currently on the needles is a Little Shores Cardigan for Toad, in a very vibrant green (although not nearly as shiny as the photo makes the yarn look).  If these rainy fall evenings continue, I should be done with this sweater in no time. This is the same pattern I used about year an a half ago to make sweaters for both Toad and K3 (outgrown, now), and I remember it being a straight forward quick to knit pattern.


In the above photo, you can see the book I am going to read next.  Just picked it up from the library today, in fact.  It's Beverly Lewis's latest novel, and I've been waiting a few months for it to come in.

Since last month's edition of the Yarn Along, I read On Thin Icing, by Ellie Alexander (another bake shop mystery) and The Identicals by Elin Hilderbrand.  I enjoyed both of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment