Wednesday, November 6, 2019

Yarn Along: November

Another month has flown by, and it's time to join Ginny over at Small Things for the monthly Yarn Along post.

I have finished (except for sewing on the buttons) Toad's Little Shore Cardigan that he'll be getting for Christmas.  In the photo below, it's missing the neck band and button bands, but that's because the instructions have you block the body and sleeves before picking up stitches for those three parts.  I assure you, it's a complete sweater now.



You can also see K3's sweater and my pickle shawl being blocked at the same time. And yes, I do use foam alphabet blocks as my blocking board.  One price, two uses: plaything for the grandkids and blocking board for me.  Gotta love frugality.  (I even bought them on clearance several years ago).

In the past month I also cast on a pair of socks for DD2, to keep her feet warm up there in Alaska.  They will go in her Christmas box to be mailed up in about a month. Using the tree chart from the Christmas Eve socks pattern, I'm adapting this pair to be shifting rows of snow-laden trees on an endless night background of deep blue.  The yarn is Knit Picks Stroll Glimmer in Peacock and Frost.  I chose it for these socks because the sparkle in the yarn gives the glittery crystalline ambiance I am going for in these custom for Alaska winter socks.


Meanwhile, once I bound off Toad's sweater, I cast on the garter rib neckband of a 6-12 month size Harvest sweater for Rascal.  So far, I'm about half done with that neckband.  Being such a tiny sweater, I plan to have it finished before the next yarn along. For that, I am using some Encore  from my stash in worsted weight light blue.


This past month I've read just two books: Gone Missing by Linda Castillo (thoroughly hooked on this mystery/suspense author!) and What She Left Behind by Ellen Marie Wiseman.


No comments:

Post a Comment