Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Knitting Update, January

I'm not sure if there is a Yarn Along to link to for 2020 (there never was one posted in Dec. 2019), but for my own sake of continuity, I'm going to still post a monthly update of what I've been knitting and reading.

This month, there are lots of finished Christmas presents to show!  Plus, a half-finished pair of ankle socks that are my current project.

First, the finishes:

Three Christmas sweaters for three grandkids. 

K3

Toad

Rascal

Rascal modeling his

The winter trees socks for DD2.



A knubbelchen for Rascal (made from scrap sock yarn)


An intertwining cabled diamonds headband/ear warmer for Surprise


I forgot to take a picture of the No Mistaking Fibonacci's scarf  that I made for K2 in Clemson orange and purple.  If you follow the Ravelry link, imagine the picture with purple where the blue is and orange in place of the yellow, and you'll know exactly what the one I made looks like.

Whew!  That's a lot of knit presents.


I didn't knit for three whole days after I finished the last one.  And then I was going through knitting withdrawal, so I cast on for my current project--a ankle length pair of Meandering socks in very bright sunny yellow (Knit Picks Stroll in Dandelion).  I've all ready finished the first one, and have the second one started.


I would like to make myself several pair of ankle socks in 2020, all using yarn that I have in my stash.  (Another goal for this year is to not buy any new yarn; my stash has gotten a little out of control).

Since my Yarn Along post in December, I read just one book:  And All the Phases of the Moon by Judy Reene Singer.  Like her other books, this one just sucks you in and is hard to put down.

I've just started (picked it up at the library yesterday), the latest in the Elm Creek Quilts series; The Christmas Boutique by Jennifer Chiaverini.  It's been a long time since the author wrote a new novel in this series and I can't wait to revisit old friends in her characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment