Thursday, August 6, 2020

Yarn Along: August

I'm hoping to link up with Ginny at Small Things for this month's Yarn Along.  I'm off by a day, as today is Thursday, but so far, so is she.    

The past month has been super busy, so busy that I haven't written a single post since the July Yarn Along.  Much time has been spent between the garden (weeding, watering, harvesting) and the kitchen (cooking, canning, freezing).  I have managed to get a bit of knitting in most evenings, after dark and before going to sleep.

Little progress has been made on the final section of my Hue Shift afghan.  I think I have done not quite 2 squares in the past month.


    

Where I have lacked attention to my afghan, I've showered on a new knitting project. Which, of course, is a pair of socks.  (I bet nobody who knows me ever saw that coming. . .)  I've completed sock 1 of the Ephemeral Stream pattern, which is a free pattern by verybusymonkey, who is a favorite (sock) designer of mine.  Her patterns are so easy to follow, while giving you a finished project that looks really complex.

I also finished reading the book I talked about in last month's Yarn Along, and am about 2/3 of the way through The Edge of Eternity by Ken Follett.  This is the third book of his Century Trilogy, and I am enjoying it just as much as the previous two.

No comments:

Post a Comment