Wednesday, January 6, 2021

Yarn Along: January '21

 It's a new year, new month, and the first Wednesday.  Time for a Yarn Along post!!

Hoping to join with Ginny for the Yarn Along; I see that she doesn't have it posted on her site yet, so I will go ahead and link in later once hers is up.

There are some December projects to show, all of which were finished in time for Christmas, as well as some January knits all ready.

These socks went to Surprise for Christmas
The pattern is Branching on Ravelry.

I also made, but didn't get a picture of, a pair of Lego man mitts for Toad in the 6-9yr size.

Once the Christmas knits were wrapped up (pun intended, LOL), I made another dish cloth for myself using scrap cotton yarns.  This one is much prettier in real life.  It's the Copycat pattern that I made another scrap yarn dish cloth out of on last month's yarn along.




Right before Christmas, my Mom asked me if I would  to knit her a pair of socks, using yarn she'd bought for that purpose,hopefully in time for her birthday in February.  She dropped off the yarn to me, and I started them on Dec. 30th.  I am using the pattern Elevation, and making the leg the usual length rather than as a short sock.  I think it shows off the color changes of the yarn really well.  Currently, the first sock is knit through the heel turn and ready to pick up the gusset stitches.



Also in the above photo, you see a very purple dish cloth done in the Honeycomb pattern, as well as a light blue dish cloth that is using the Michigan pattern.  Both are using leftover cotton yarn.  I'm hoping to use up my stash of scrap cotton yarns this month.

Reading in December was squeezed in around work, holiday prep, and making presents. According to my reading log, I read the newest Sloan Krause mystery, Without a Brew, by Ellie Alexander, and that was it.  After waiting a long, long time to get my hands on this through the local library, I read it way too fast for the hectic time that is late December.  It was a 7-day checkout through the library so I had to churn through it and finish it on time.  Even so, I really enjoyed the story and can't wait for the next one in the series--which apparently is in the work but not due to be published until October 2021.


No comments:

Post a Comment