Wednesday, February 3, 2021

February Knitting Update

 Sadly, Ginny is not doing the Yarn Along this year.  She has an excellent reason for that decision, but I'll definitely miss the monthly link ups.

I've decided that I will continue to post the first Wednesday of each month with an update on what I've been knitting and reading.  Mainly because I love a schedule, and the Yarn Along has been one of the few scheduled things I've been able to keep up with in the last couple years despite all the twists and turns that life and family have thrown my way.  I need to be able to keep to a schedule and cross things off my to-do list.

So, for February's knitting post, here's what I'm currently working on:


The pattern is Vertex by my favorite sock designer verybusymonkey.  The yarn is Knit Picks Chroma fingering in the coloryway GoGo Boots.  I do have to say, as far as the yarn goes, I like the in-your-face brightness, but it is definitely not (so far) producing the color changes shown on the website. Disappointed about that.  The pattern, I love! It is super simple to follow, yet like so many of verybusymonkey's designs, looks very intricate.

Completed knitting since January's post: 

Elevation socks for my Mom. 


Two dishcloths, which, like the ones I knit in December, were made with scrap yarn.







I managed to read two books (woo hoo!  My reading has been much less than I'd like).  

The Stone Wall by Beverly Lewis is her latest novel.  I'd been waiting quite a while to get it from the library, and I did like reading it once I got my hands on it, although I have to admit it seemed a little predictable.

The Book of Lost Names by Kristin Harmel was tough for me to put down.  I'll be seeking out more by this author.

Currently I am reading Dressage Riding by Richard Watjen. While I've had this book for years I've never actually read it.  So, this year is the year I'm going to read it cover to cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment