Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Sewing Update, May

 Since my April sewing update, I have sewn way less than I knit. And I didn't knit a whole lot.

I got the borders, a solid red fabric, put on my Christmas quilt.  I do have both backing and batting for that, but put my sewing machine away upstairs in the room that's supposed to be for crafting (I had to put it up there so I could use the dining room table for other things) and have not worked on that quilt one bit in the last three weeks.  It would be so nice to have room upstairs for a nice table to sew on.  The desk where the sewing machine lives when it's actually upstairs is nice for small work, like masks, or single quilt blocks, but just not good for anything long and/or large.

Did I think to take a picture of the quilt with it's borders sewn on?  Nope. *sigh*  I'm in a phase currently where life seems to be going at full throttle and I'm getting dragged along behind, just trying to stay on my feet.  Kinda miss winter, it's a little less packed with stuff.

I do have pictures of a few quilt blocks I made for a forum quilt that I am participating in (and head up annually).  They all feature the same blue fabric, as that is this year's forum quilt fabric.  It doesn't look it from the pictures (some were more cropped), but with trimming, all the blocks are the same size: 12.5".

disappearing 9 patch

ocean waves variation

four-square


No comments:

Post a Comment