Wednesday, December 8, 2021

Sewing/Stitching Update, December

 In the last month, I've done quite a bit on the counted cross stitch banner that is intended as a Christmas gift. All the cross stitching is done now and I am working on the backstitch outlines.  Most of this has been accomplished during Faline's naps.  I don't foresee any difficulty in getting it completed on time.


Sewing, however, has been hit and miss.  I did make a quilt block for an internet forum quilt I'm participating in.



I have also worked on the disappearing hourglass quilt that I'm making for a Christmas gift.  All of the blue & neutral squares have been sewn into hourglasses and are ready for the next step in cutting.


The green & neutral hourglasses are partially sewn--the tops and bottoms are put together and ironed, I just need to get them sewn into blocks.



From here on out, I'm going to need to be diligent in setting my sewing time in stone on the calendar and not putting it off for other (people's) things if this disappearing hourglass quilt is going to be ready for gifting in two and a half weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment