Wednesday, April 13, 2022

Sewing & Stitching, April Update

Like knitting, it looks like I managed to get a whole bunch of sewing and stitching done recently!  Work trip for DH, plus Spring Break for the school where DD1 works (so, no babysitting Faline!) and I'm looking super efficient in my crafting lately.

I've made a lot of progress on the Sew by Row counted cross stitch I've been working on on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I'm on the next to last motif row and then there's some back stitching work to be done. Quite possibly this will be completed in the coming month.  Definitely by the time the school year ends in early June (and I'll be 'off'' from babysitting for the summer).


In addition to lots of counted cross stitch, I made four quilt blocks for the spring quilt on an internet forum I've belonged to for many years.

9 patch variation

Clover blossom

Big Dipper
 (I altered to make all blocks same colors)

Road to Heaven

All of the instructions, except for the Clover Blossom block, came from this really cool Quilt Builder Card Deck I bought myself as a birthday present last year (hey, when you turn 50, you're allowed to buy yourself a present!).  Check it out here on Amazon; what I love best is that each block pattern has cutting directions for FIVE different sizes of blocks.  How cool is that??  So cool that I have, on preorder, the Quilt Builder Card Deck 2.  

In addition to the quilt blocks, I cut out (from canvas) and stitched up 2 new sets of cornhole bags because the original ones I made 10 or so years ago when DH made our cornhole boards, have gotten frayed and worn.  A few started leaking corn bits last summer.

The new ones are waiting for DH to measure out and put the corn (gleaned from last year's crop) in them before I do the final stitching, and then we'll be ready for a summer of cornhole games with friends and family.



Last, but not least, I made a pillow for using out on the porch swing.  I had gotten the heavy broadcloth fabric last fall, and just this week pulled it out and made a pillow cover (using same instructions as the reading pillows I made the grandkids for Christmas, minus the book pocket and handle).  I'm ready for warm days reading or knitting or stitching on the porch swing this summer!


I think this fox fabric is so cute.  And so does DD2:  she tried to claim the pillow for herself as soon I as I had finished it!




No comments:

Post a Comment