Wednesday, May 11, 2022

Sewing and Stitching Update, May

 Sewing done: zero, although I have fallen off the "not buying anything new" wagon and added about 15 yards of fabric to my stash.  All with good intentions, of course!  4 yards of backing for a planned quilt that might be a Christmas gift this year if I get to it.  5 yards of backing for some future unplanned quilt because I loved it and it was on sale.  2 yards of fabric that matches the main fabric in Faline's baby quilt in case her new sibling is a sister. . . About 3 yards of various fabrics in 1 yard cuts that would work for a boy quilt if the new sibling is a brother. . .  

Help me! LOL.  Using up stash and only buying more fabric if absolutely necessary was my plan for 2022.  But, new grandbaby coming this fall--that apparently necessitates some impulsive shopping.

I have been cross stitching though.  The Sew by Row piece I've been working on is finished.  That is, all stitching is done.  I would like to get it mounted, framed, and in my new sewing/crafting space sometime yet this year.  We'll see.  Now that warm weather is here, indoor projects such as creating my sewing area in the basement won't get much time unless we have a rainy spell or a too hot to work outside spell and my housework (which also is fairly neglected in summer) gets caught up.


Last week, after I finished stitching on the above cross stitch project, I picked a new, small, project to be my 'take to Faline's house' item for the remaining (seven!) days left in the school year that I will be babysitting.  

No picture to share, but I did get it sorted out, started, and a few rows stitched so far.  I'm making the Mill Hill Jim Shore Early Morning Santa ornament.  This one will be for me, rather than a gift to be given to someone else.  It's a small enough project that I might, if Faline naps at her scheduled time, be able to finish it before school gets out in a few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment