Thursday, August 4, 2022

Knitting Update, August

 So very little knitting happening lately.  I think, since the last (all encompassing) update, I have knit 5?? rows on sock #2 of the Trickle socks.  And that was done while sitting outside at a fire one evening with DH. 

burning old miscellaneous scrap wood;
our firepit area is moving soon to make way for DH's long awaited pole barn


Here is what the sock currently looks like:



There is a whole lot going on at this little place here in the next few months, so I'm not sure how quickly I will actually get this sock finished.  Also school starts back up in a few more weeks, which means back to babysitting Faline 2 afternoons a week.  However, now that she's almost two years old and curious about everything--and almost faster on her feet than I am--I don't dare take my knitting with me to her house anymore.  I've all ready BTDT with other toddler grandkids pulling needles out of stitches because they wanted to see how it worked.

While the knitting has been languishing, I have read a bit, though, here and there, reading Death of a Cookbook Author by Lee Hollis (first I've read by this author, it was okay.  Not sure if I'll read more), Movieland by Lee Goldberg (the latest Eve Ronin mystery, it was terrific!!), and What You Wish For by Katherine Center (love her novels).

Right now I'm reading The Sea Around Us by Rachel Carson, and, when I feel like I need a dose of something lighter, I've started reading The Bookshop on the Corner by Jenny Colgan.




No comments:

Post a Comment