Tuesday, January 31, 2023

A Little Homestead Humor

 In light of the current nationwide egg shortage, I thought I'd share a picture of a trivet I have (my kitchen is chicken themed--not intentionally, it just evolved that way over the course of many years). 

At the time I bought it, I happened to stumble across it. Since it was 50% off, and I'd been thinking how I needed a trivet (or to make some large potholders to replace the ones I have that have worn thin), and it goes with my kitchen, I put it in my cart.  Because all those factors added together seemed to mean it was made for me.



Now it adds a bit of humor to my day.  I do get by with a little help from my hens. They've laid just enough over the winter months that I haven't needed to buy eggs from the store.  And now that there's more hours of daylight, more hens are coming into lay. Which means soon I will have enough eggs to offer them for sale--there's a long line of customers waiting for me to open up for business again.


I get by with a little help from my hens.

No comments:

Post a Comment