Wednesday, April 12, 2023

Sewing and Stitching, April update

I had been wanting, for a few years now, to make some table runners and table toppers. They weren't high priority, so of course have not gotten made.

Until March, when I saw a free pattern for what was called a Spring Table Topper.  All pink and green and early Spring/Easter-like. Made with mostly half-square triangles, it looked quick and easy.  And that is what talked me into finally making a seasonal something to dress up my dining room table with.

I pulled fabrics from my stash, mostly fat quarters, and it didn't take long at all to cut pieces and then sew them up.  The colors are much better in person; my phone camera just seems to be blah lately for pretty much anything that isn't scenery.


pieced



quilted and bound 

In addition to my Spring table topper, I finished the backstitching on the fox counted cross stitch I started at the beginning of the year.  It was a lot of backstitching, but really adds depth to the fox.  It is now done and waiting for me to decide if I'm going to frame it or use some other method of displaying it. 



Of course I couldn't be without a portable stitching project, so I pulled out one of the Mill Hill Santa kits I bought back in 2021 (when I first discovered them) and got that one started.  I took it on vacation with DH and I in late March, and worked on it a few evenings in Arizona.  I think I will probably make an ornament out of it and give it to my Mom as a Christmas gift; she collects different types of Santas.



No comments:

Post a Comment