Wednesday, December 6, 2023

Knitting Update, December

 In the past month, my knitting has consisted of dish cloths.  Lots and lots of dish cloths.  All using patterns that I've made before, although it's been at least a handful of years.  I'm undecided how many I'll keep for myself and how many I'll gift at Christmas.







I read The Winemaker's Wife by Kristin Harmel and was surprised to find exactly how the World War II era characters were tied to the modern day characters. All in all, I'm not sure I liked most of the characters.

I also read The Road Trip by Beth O'Leary and didn't really like it as well as the other two novels I've read by this author. It was a decently written book; but I just couldn't quite relate.

I finally finished reading New Track, New Life by Kimberly Godwin Clark.  I had started reading it over the summer, hoping to find some insights into retaining an OTTB like The Poetess.  It wasn't as informative as I'd hoped, and so I picked it up and put it down several times before finally reading to the end of the book.

Currently I'm reading Where There's Muck by Catherine Robinson.  It is a sequel to Forging On, which I read earlier this year, and I'm enjoying the further adventures of the characters I'd met in the first book.  As in real life with horses, there's always something you didn't quite expect waiting at the turn of a page.

No comments:

Post a Comment