Saturday, December 1, 2012

Making a Blue-eyed Girl For My Blue-eyed Girl

K3, my granddaughter, has the most gorgeous blue eyes.  I love her eyes.  Actually, I love every part of her, but she has very pretty eyes.

When I was thinking up ideas for Christmas presents, I decided that I wanted to make her a rag doll.  After all, a not-quite eight month old baby doesn't really want anything spectacular for Christmas.  So I figured rather than going overboard this year on things she won't have the motor skills to use for quite a while (Grandpa, aka DH, has all ready been looking into those motorized ride on toys--quads and trucks--that we couldn't afford to buy our own kids when they were little. *Ahem*); I would keep it simple with something that she will hopefully like now and get use out of for years to come.

While I was at it, I decided to personalize her doll with eyes and hair approximately the same shade as hers. Not that she has alot of hair so far, but it appears to want to be a strawberry blonde.  So, this is what I have come up with:



Now, to give the doll a hairdo, and make something for her to wear.  Then I can say I have my #1 crafting item on the "To Make For Christmas Gifts" list completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment