Friday, January 10, 2014

Challenge

This year has been challenging for many people I know.  There have been snow storms and bitter cold temperatures, beloved animals gone missing or put to sleep, human illnesses, car troubles or accidents, even a house fire.

I've had many challenges hit me in the first ten days of 2014 also.  There have been times all ready that I have felt so overwhelmed I just laid on my bed and stared at the ceiling.  But, so far, I've kept on going.

This afternoon, another challenge came my way.  One of the older horses at the farm went down this afternoon and did not have the strength to get back to her feet.  We ended up having to call the vet out and put her to sleep.

It was a sad situation, but it did get me to thinking.  Thinking about challenges that are not so stressful or depressing as storms, dying animals, and car problems.  Challenges that are actually enjoyable (or, at least leave you feeling really good when you have finished them).

So, for the rest of this year, I'm going to attempt to post one challenge a week.  Join me in it, if you will (and if it applies to you; I can't guarantee all challenges will fit all readers).

I am going to hopefully post a new challenge each Friday, so that it can be worked on over the weekend.  You can, of course, work on it any day that fits your schedule (or not at all--no pressure!).

Here is Challenge Number One:  Take down and put away the Christmas decorations if you haven't all ready.

Mine don't usually go up more than a week or two before Christmas, so I leave them up until Epiphany.  Well, Epiphany is January 6th, which means this week I should have packed them up and put them away.  Did I?  Um, not yet.  I thought about it a few times this week, but so far everything is still right where it was on Christmas Day.

This weekend I need to get off my butt and take care of that project.  So I chose it for the year's first challenge.

How about you?  Have you cleaned up all your holiday trappings and gotten them safely stored away yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment