Friday, February 21, 2014

Challenge #7: Try a New Recipe

This week somehow evolved to have an eating theme.  So, how about we make this week's challenge fit right in?

Try a new recipe.

What a fun challenge!  You can go about it in any number of ways.  You can look at what you need to use up (remember my withering kiwi turning into kiwi squares for dessert?  Or 2012's glut of squash and ensuing squash recipe mania at this little place here?) and then do an internet search for recipes using that item.  You can look in your own cookbooks for something that sounds good, then see if you have the ingredients on hand to make it.  Or, you can just pick a recipe out of the blue--or a cookbook, or off the internet--and go to the grocery store to buy what you need for it.

Really.  I personally am too cheap frugal to do it the third way, but you can.  I'll let you.

Meanwhile, I think I will be looking for a recipe for a potato dish I haven't tried.  Which is going to be challenging, as we really like potatoes and I've cooked them many different ways in the last two decades.  I'll let you know what I come up with.  Hmm, can I amend the rules of the challenge to include recipes we make up that aren't written down somewhere all ready?  Can I make a potato something-or-other up from my head and call it a new recipe?

Yes, yes I can.  And so can you.  Creating a whole new recipe will definitely count as trying a new recipe for this challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment