Monday, February 3, 2014

Oooooh, Sparkly!

This morning dawned way colder than expected.  Yesterday's forecast gave an overnight low in the single digits.  What I woke up to this morning was negative ten degrees!  Of course I didn't find this out until I was out the door and scraping frost off my windshield to go to the horse farm and get the morning feeding done.  I totally did not have my nose and mouth covered by my scarf, because I didn't even have my scarf on.  And I had left my fur hat in the house because, well, after last month's bitter cold mornings, single digit temps just seemed too warm for fur. So I had just worn my knitted hat.

While I was feeding, the sun rose in clear skies, and everything was crystalline in the bright light.

Beautiful. Sparkly.

I snapped some pictures once I returned home from feeding.  The feathery frost coating on the trees won't last long; the sun is warming things up pretty quickly.  Today's high temperature is supposed to be twenty degrees--so a thirty degree increase from sunrise to mid-day.







No comments:

Post a Comment