Wednesday, April 15, 2020

A Quick Doll Quilt

K3, last time she was here (before the state-wide lockdown), dropped numerous hints that she would like me to make her a doll blanket.

1. Grandma, what are you making?  It's pretty.  It would be a good size for my doll.

2. I don't have any doll blankets.

3. Grandma, where's your sewing machine?

Her birthday is coming up, so I decided to make her a doll sized quilt.  Using what I have on hand, I did some stash diving, and some piecing together of batting strips I have leftover from people sized quilts.  Some ironing, some cutting, some sewing, and in an afternoon I created a quilt she'll love.



can you see my 'whoops' block?


cat fabric for the backing;
leftover from a pillowcase I made her in 2017


The design is a simple one, I just cut 3 1/2" squares and alternated them in 7 rows of 5 blocks each.  The border fabric was cut at 2".

No comments:

Post a Comment