Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Yarn Along: April

Happy April!  I am joining Ginny's Yarn Along this afternoon.

I've done a lot of knitting in the past month. I completed section one of my Hue Shift afghan.  And almost immediately started on section two.



I have about 5 2/3 squares to go on section two yet, then it's on to section three! 


Another finish is the pair of socks I was making for my Mom in speckled yarn that she picked out.  I've mislaid the ball band, but it's Happy Feet fingering yarn in the colorway Iris, if I remember right.  I added in some tonal purple fingering I had in my stash for accent on the cuffs, heels and toes.  Since I won't be able to see her in person any time soon--Michigan is supposed to continue under the Stay Home order for the month of April--I will probably mail them to her. 


I've been making some gifts for Surprise's upcoming birthday, and they've developed a cow in the kitchen theme (thanks to DS2 for telling me she likes cows and only has kitchen basics).  In yesterday's post, I shared two quilted potholders/hot pads that I made.  Today, I'm sharing the knitted portion (so far, I plan to make another) of her gift:  a dishcloth in the pattern Belle, found on Ravelry.  I am also planning on making a second dish cloth in another pattern, Hay, Baby!, but so far I have not cast on for it.  



My local library has been closed since the second week of March.  I'm getting really antsy for it to reopen; I have one book awaiting pick-up and several on the hold list.  Again, that's another thing that is shut down until at least the end of April.  I have long finished the library books I had on hand at the beginning of the month (currently, you can't even return borrowed library materials).  What I have read since March's yarn along post is:

The Dead Will Tell by Linda Castillo (I was partially through this book at the yarn along).  Another gripping Amish themed murder mystery.

Before and After; The Incredible Real Life Stories of Orphans Who Survived the Tennessee Children's Home Society by Judy Christie and Lisa Wingate.  This book was sometimes interesting, sometimes slow.  It is a non-fiction book that is related to the novel Before We Were Yours.

Winter in Paradise by Elin Hilderbrand.  I was slow to warm up to this story, but once I did, it was very hard to put down.  And it ends with a cliff hanger!  See why I can't wait for the library to reopen?!?

How are you spending your at home time?  Getting any reading or knitting done?

No comments:

Post a Comment