Wednesday, May 13, 2020

There Will Be Another

It's official, so I have the green light to go ahead and talk about it:

There is going to be another grandbaby in my arms this year!  #4 is now at 12 weeks gestation, so even though I've known for almost six of those 12, I am now at liberty to express to the world my joy and excitement at expecting another offspring of my offspring.

This will be the first baby of DD1 and Honorary Son, who just this week are celebrating their second wedding anniversary.  It is expected to arrive during firearm deer season this fall (mid to late November), so DH is really really hoping that DD1 will follow in my footsteps and deliver this child 1-3 weeks before its due date.  If it's a boy, I think I all ready have it's blog name picked out.  Something hunting related.

I am itching to get started on a baby quilt for this newest little one.  Waiting to see if, in the next month or two, the gender will be revealed before I begin picking out and cutting into fabric.  DD1 is wavering between waiting until the actual birth to find out if it's a boy or a girl (and thus, I make a yellow and green quilt) or if she and Honorary Son are too impatient to wait that long (in which case, I will make a definite boy or girl-oriented quilt).

Meanwhile, mother-to-be is doing well; so far having the same mostly nausea-free pregnancy as I enjoyed with all of my own babies.  Hoping that this easy breezy baby building continues for the next six months and ends with a just as easy (and short, like mine!) delivery.

No comments:

Post a Comment