Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Yarn Along: September

 I am (finally) joining Ginny for this month's Yarn Along. Lots going on at this little place here, but again, not much knitting.  Perhaps later in the month as the garden winds down. . .

Sock #2 of the Ephemeral Stream socks is coming along.  I am through the heel gusset and onto the foot.  Not long now; perhaps in the coming week I will be grafting the toe and finishing this pair of socks.

If I can keep myself from casting on another project right away--I have three in mind and yarn on hand for all of them--I will complete my Hue Shift Afghan once the sock is done. I think I managed to knit one complete square on the afghan in the past month.  

While my knitting languished, lately my reading has picked up. Mainly because I can read a few minutes while eating my breakfast or lunch, but I can't very well knit and eat.  Anyway, I was able to get five books read in a month!

After the Storm by Linda Castillo, another of her Kate Burkholder novels and another absorbing read.

Fudge and Jury by Ellie Alexander, a quick reading mystery.

Somewhere Safe With Somebody Good, by Jan Karon, a large Mitford novel.

The Last Runaway by Tracy Chevalier, fairly quick read.

The Body in Griffith Park by Jennifer Kincheloe, one that I enjoyed very much and plan to seek out more from this author.

Currently I am about a third of the way through The Forgotten Seamstress by Liz Trenow.  It's interesting but I'm not super caught up in the storyline. Maybe that will change as I read further.

Since the libraries here in Michigan are, as far as I know, still closed to patrons actually entering the building and browsing the bookshelves, my local library has started a neat service.  It's called a Grab Bag, and you fill out a short questionnaire about the sorts of things you are interested in, then the librarians chose 5 books from what's on hand at that branch to make up a bag of books for you to read.  The Chevalier, Kincheloe, and Threnow books are from my first Grab Bag.  I'd have to say, so far, the librarians did a really good job of picking some books for me! Included in my five, but not yet read are also a book on making quilts with (fabric) jelly rolls and another mystery.


No comments:

Post a Comment