Thursday, June 10, 2021

Sewing Update, June

 This was almost titled I Didn't Sew A Thing.  Because until a few days ago, I hadn't touched my rotary cutter or my sewing machine since before the May update.  But, over the weekend, I decided I wanted to do a small project, something decorative, something in red, white, and blue.  So I found a pattern I thought would work, and picked my fabrics, and got my strips cut, and sewn.



And that's it, to this point.  My strips are sewn.  They still have to be cut to the correct lengths, and I have to cut out my background fabric yet, but at least I've started.



It was actually nice to sit down upstairs in the "sewing room" again.  It's been well over a year since I've sewn at the desk there, where I can look out over the garden via the window right behind where the sewing machine sits.  My last few projects were just too big (and the room too cluttered) to sew at the desk there.  Perhaps I should plan some smaller projects to work on this summer.  Maybe even on a weekly basis.  What a novel idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment