Friday, July 16, 2021

Where Have I Been?

 I just realized it has been an entire month since I posted here.  Oops.  Certainly not what I intended.

Where have I been?

Well. . . 

. . . I've been to a horse show, but I'm going to post about that next week in the upcoming horse-related update.

. . . I've been in the garden a lot, and have no photos to show for it, but trust me, it's looking great. We've eaten asparagus, radishes, and the first green beans so far. Peas were late, but should be coming on soon.  Harvested a handful of hot peppers yesterday, and the first zucchini is plumping up in today's rain.

. . . I've been knitting very little, and obviously didn't post a knitting update for July.  I finished Toad's hiking socks, and started on the second Christmas stocking (of the 3 I need to make by December)


. . . I've been sewing a bit, but didn't quite get my Fourth of July banner finished an hung in time for the holiday.  It still needs the hanging tabs sewn on. I also didn't post a sewing update this week because, well, busy.



. . . I've been strawberry picking,



and mulberry picking--using the tractor to lift Toad and K3 high into the tree--and making mulberry muffins and mulberry pancakes.





. . . I've been selling hay off the wagon (90 bales) and putting about 125 more into the hay loft. First cutting yields are way down all over this year.  We've had a lot of rain since the fields were cut, so hoping second cutting will be a bumper crop.

. . . I've been to my parents' house to load and haul home some box elder trees they had cut down (that I used to climb as a girl and sit way up in the top of, reading a book while swaying in the breeze.)




. . . I've been raising some broiler chicks, and took them to the same Amish processor that I used last year.  Another batch of meat chicks are due to arrive at this little place here next week.

. . . I've been in the chicken coop, taking care of my hens, and letting one try to hatch a few eggs of her own. (Mainly because she is aggressively broody and I got tired of her pecking my hands every day when I gathered eggs).




. . . I've been driving the trusty rusty Suburban to over 278,000 miles--only 22k to go until I hit my goal!


. . . I've been hanging out a little with Rascal, the busy, curious 2 year old;


and a little with Faline, who is crawling and pulling herself up and beginning to furniture walk (and just turned 8 months this week);


and with K3 and Toad, whom DH and I took on a vacation to Colorado this month (and why I didn't post a knitting or sewing update).  That trip will definitely get it's own picture-heavy post.


In short, I've been really busy!


No comments:

Post a Comment