Wednesday, November 3, 2021

Knitting Update, November

Faline's stocking is off the needles!  That's my big knitting accomplishment to share.  I've made the three i-cord hangers for the stockings, and all that's left is the sewing (folded cuff edge, attach i-cord, put on beads and star buttons).  These will actually be done by Thanksgiving with no serious stressing and sweating involved.  Hooray!

I have also taken notes and made copies of the (cross stitch turned knitting) charts that I subbed in the areas where the original pattern were blank or didn't provide the exact chart.  Yarn colors are written down, so in the future, if there is an addition to DD1's family, I can make another matching stocking for that person.


3 stockings, unblocked, with 3 i-cord hangers unattached

Sock #1 of the Rubia socks for my Dad has been done for quite a few weeks.  The second sock is more than half-way through the leg portion. It should be done by the end of this month and ready for Christmas gifting.


There will be another knitting project cast on soon, once the stockings are embellished and they are in their new home.  I have a few ideas in mind for my next project; I just have to give an honest look at what time I'll have between now and Christmas and decide if I'm starting another Christmas present, or doing something that will take into 2022 to finish.


My current read is Jambusters   by Julie Summers. I've only begun chapter one, so I have no idea if I'll like the book enough to read all the way through or not.

Other books I've read recently are :

  • The Beginning by Beverly Lewis.  Honestly, while I've been a Beverly Lewis fan for over 20 years, I really didn't like this newest book as well as I've liked her others. I can't quite put my finger on one particular thing I had issue with, but I finished the book and felt just kind of ho-hum about the experience.
  • Sons of Blackbird Mountain by Joanne Bischof.  Loved this book.  Can't wait to read the sequel, and more from this author.
  • The Cure For What Ales You by Ellie Alexander.  After waiting all year for this book to come out; like the above mentioned Beverly Lewis book, I just didn't like it as well as I had the author's previous books in the series.  Not a bad book, but was a little lacking, I thought.  It deals mostly with the mystery of where did Sloan come from, and not a whole lot of actual brewing-related story. 

2 comments:

  1. Digging around in my sewing room I've unearthed 2 large christmas stockings from several years ago. I'd like to finish them but the first trick is to figure out where I am. Yours look so nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Karen. They've been a learning experience and pushing past indecision and fear of messing them up. Once I realized I could always unknit a section if I didn't like how that particular chart turned out, I got a lot braver. They still look a little wonky to me, but hopefully that will block out.

      Delete