Wednesday, November 10, 2021

Sewing/Stitching Update, November

 Since last month, I made very little progress on the quilt that is intended to be a Christmas present for my parents.  I'm using the Disappearing Hourglass pattern with a size modification to make a couch sized throw. I'm also using just three colors. I did get the blue and green fabrics cut into 10" squares (the neutral fabric is a pack of precuts).  And then it sat untouched for a couple weeks.



This week, I've slowly started pairing the squares and doing the first step: sewing them right sides together with a 1/4" seam on all four sides.  I will sew all 25 blocks together like this before I do to step two, which is cutting and then pressing them open in preparation for step 3--more sewing.

Right now, there are four sewn squares, and 21 to go!



Meanwhile, I started another counted cross stitch kit as my nap-time project while watching Faline.

This one makes a small banner, and came with a little metal hanger.  It cost me nothing, as it was in with a whole bunch of crafting stuff that someone gave my mother-in-law, and she then passed along to me thinking there was mostly embroidery floss and plastic canvas stuff (I'd said yes to both) in the boxes.  This kit, unlike a few others in the same box, was complete and unopened.  It is also a perfect size to stitch up quickly and give as a Christmas gift to DS1 and K2, who purchased their first house this Fall!

It does say their last name, but in my anonymity policy for the blog, 
I edited that out of the photo

It is about 2/3 stitched at present, and I foresee no issues getting it completed and on it's little hanger in the coming month.

What are you sewing and/or stitching currently?

No comments:

Post a Comment