Sunday, January 23, 2022

Horse Update, a bit late

 There isn't much to report on the horse side of life this month.  It's been cold.  And my schedule has been erratic--twice I've babysat Faline on a Wednesday afternoon, not just Tuesdays and Thursdays.  I rode once in late December, and once so far in January.  No spectacular progress made to talk about.  Did have a spectacular spook early in the one January ride; I didn't lose my seat but Camaro managed wheel and get about four strides before I got him back on my intended direction of travel (toward the scary door, of course).  

Hoping that this coming week will bring decent enough temperatures for riding, especially as babysitting has been cancelled for the week (school has been cancelled for DD1's district, due to low attendance numbers--many students having to quarantine due to ill household members--so DD1 won't be working this week.)  No babysitting means that I can ride later in the day than 9 a.m., which means I can wait for air temps to warm a bit if necessary.

I'm becoming annoyingly aware that our first intended show is in just four months. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment