Wednesday, February 2, 2022

Knitting Update, February

 The Fallreep socks for Mom are finished!   I was amazed at how fast they seemed to knit up.  




I actually finished them over a week ago. Since then I mended 10(!!!) knitted dishcloths that had gotten a hole in them (from washing super sharp knives, I think) and started working on another pair of socks.



These socks are intended as a gift to Mother-In-Law.  Last fall, she saw me working on the socks for my Dad, and was amazed that I could knit with two separate colors.  Of course, I immediately knew that I wanted to make her a pair of socks with a design in them--two colors!  The pattern I chose is Rickrack Socks.  In the photos it looks more like a checkerboard design, but when you stretch them (as if wearing) it most definitely looks like rickrack.


I've done a little reading since the January update, finishing two books:

Daughters of Northern Shores by Joanne Bischof, which I really enjoyed.

Live and Let Pie by Ellie Alexander, which is another great Bakeshop mystery and I devoured it in just a few days.

I recently started The Lager Queen of Minnesota by J. Ryan Stradal.  I kind of like it and kind of don't, depending on which chapter I'm on and which character is the focal point of that chapter.  Overall, I'd say it's interesting in a real-life midwesterner kind of way.


No comments:

Post a Comment