Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Sewing Update, February

 I couldn't resist stitching another beaded Santa.  I know, I know, we just got done with Christmas, and next Christmas is a long way away.  But, I had a perfect Santa to make for our South Carolina girl, K2, and her birthday is in February.  So, perfect!  I could make it now, gift it for her birthday, and she'll have it to hang on her Christmas tree in December.

A beachy Santa for our coastal Carolina born K2

I finally put borders on the black, bright & batik quilt blocks (from a swap many years ago) that I'd sewed into a mostly finished top back in 2019 or 2020, I don't remember for sure when.  I also got the backing sewn.  Now it just needs to be sandwiched smoothly and quilted, then bound.  It will finish up twin sized.


I'm finding that sandwiching quilts larger than crib sized (or, slightly bigger than crib sized that I make for my grandbabies) is difficult in the space I have.  Kicking around the idea of researching how to design a portable (thus, storable) frame for stretching the layers onto and then having DH make me such a thing. Because I know I want to make more bed-sized quilts and will need somewhere to layer them wrinkle-free.




No comments:

Post a Comment