Thursday, November 3, 2022

Buck Has Arrived!

Three weeks before his original due date--and induced due to DD1's increasingly complicated health (diabetes, thyroid, high blood pressure and kidney issues)--Buck has arrived!  

Who is Buck?  He's my newest grandbaby!  Grandchild #5, grandson #3, he was born in the wee hours of Halloween morning, and despite being only barely 37 weeks gestation, he is a chunky almost 7.5 pounds!  Which is about half a pound more than his sister Faline weighed  when she was born at 39 weeks.

He's healthy, and alert, and DD1 is doing well enough that they were released late afternoon yesterday (Nov. 2nd).  I  received this picture as they were loading up to leave the hospital.  Looks like a fully cooked baby to me. (face blurred for privacy)


I was working feverishly on getting his baby quilt done (too many projects at this little place here this fall, and his birthdate getting pushed up several weeks put me behind on quilt construction).   Being in charge of Faline since Oct 30th didn't work real well with getting it finished in time for his homecoming, but it did get done slightly after. 

wind didn't cooperate for good quilt posterity pics

a pieced 9-patch back

I was able to meet Buck, and deliver his quilt, this afternoon.  I see a lot of Honorary Son in him, although based on how long his arms, legs, and feet are compared to the rest of him, I suspect Buck might grow taller than Honorary Son and his side of the family.  Time will tell.  He definitely has long thin fingers (like me!); perhaps he'll play piano and guitar with his dad someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment