Wednesday, December 7, 2022

Knitting Update, December

I'm a little thrown off by the first Wednesday in December being the 7th.  My brain really wanted to post a knitting update last Wednesday, but then it realized that day wasn't December yet, and that I had a whole additional week to get some knitting (and reading) in before making a post.

So I knit and read some more, then made the final edit of this post.

Since November's update, I:

Finished blocking and adding buttons to Faline's birthday sweater.


 

Finished Buck's stocking (but forgot to take a final photo).

Knit 2 dish cloths for me, one of which I made the pattern up from my own little brain! 

my very first me-written dishcloth pattern


 All I did was, with size 7 needles, cast on 39stitches.  K rows 1-6, then do K5, stockinette 29, K5 for 6 rows, followed by K5, reverse stockinette 29, K5 for 6 rows, and alternate between rows of stockinette and reverse stockinette 4 times (so you have 4 sets stockinette and 4 sets reverse stockinette), finish with 6 rows of knit, and then bindoff knitwise.  Super simple.


Knit myself a Saint Anthony cable hat using a skein of bulky yarn from my stash.  I did make a few modifications, the main one being that I frogged it after the first inch and a half because it was going to be too big/loose for my head (I have a small head, like less than 22").  I recast on using a size 9 needle and that worked for the snugness I wanted, but did end up a little shorter than I prefer.  If I were to knit it again I'd either add another repeat of the cable chart, or I'd reduce the cast on stitches by 10 and work in the size of needles originally called for.



Knit a couple dish cloths for DD1 (because she commented on the new dishcloth I'd made myself, so I figured she might enjoy some nice new dish cloths too). 



I also read a little, but not a whole lot.

In Her Boots by KJ Dell'Antonia. This was a pretty quick and entertaining easy read.  

Nothing Bundt Trouble by Ellie Alexander.  My last Bakeshop mystery for the year, I'll wait until 2023 before I read the next in the series (another series I'm trying not to plow through, so that hopefully I never run out of titles to read by this author).  I always enjoy seeing what the latest murder mystery spin is for Jules Capshaw.


No comments:

Post a Comment