Wednesday, December 14, 2022

A Whole Lot of Sewing, December Update

 After I finished Buck's baby quilt, I had a whole lot of sewing mojo.  And I had fabric from a internet forum quilt I'm participating in.  So I spent a little time using up every single bit of the fabric I had been given, and ended up with five different quilt blocks.


Dutchman's Puzzle



Indian Star



Sunshine Days


Triangles and Stripes



Woven Ribbons

And then I finished a Christmas Quilt I had started in early 2021. This is a back of the couch quilt that I made for myself.  The pattern I used is  Four Square by A Quilting Life Designs.  It's pretty much just made a row less so that I could end up with a throw sized quilt rather than a bed sized one.  I had pieced the blocks in early 2021, and sewn the top with the exception of the borders.

This past Spring, I put the borders on, but then got busy with other things and set it aside.  In November, I pulled it out again, and made the backing.  Then, last week, I sandwiched, quilted and bound it.  So glad to have it finished for using this season!

unfortunately, the colors didn't come out true in photos


I used this really cute mitten print for the backing.  




I also finished a couple of counted cross stitch ornaments, made two aprons, and am working on a flannel nightgown for Faline.  All of those, however, are Christmas gifts, so I'll wait to show pictures and talk about them until after the holidays.


No comments:

Post a Comment