Wednesday, May 3, 2023

May Knitting Update

Knitting was inconsistent for me in April.  The death of K2 threw me for a loop, mentally, as well as there being so much to help DS1 with in the days since then. I did manage to finish sock #1 of my Quadrille socks, and have just barely started with sock #2.




I was supposed to go to a community book swap that a friend of mine was hosting on an April Saturday, but that ended up being the day of K2's funeral, so I was unable to go.  My wonderful friend did let me take a look, the day before the swap, at close to a hundred books that had been donated to her for swapping.  I came home with about ten titles, most of which had been on and off my radar for a number of years.  I was really happy to find them in the swap.

One of which is in the photo above.  It's what I'm currently reading: Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore by Robin Sloan.  I'm roughly 1/3 of the way through the book.  For me, it's kind of going slowly.  I am enjoying the story line, but do feel that it's written for a younger audience than myself (a 51 yr old woman who is decidedly low-tech).  So I haven't been drawn into it so much that I can't go a day or two without reading it. A cool thing I discovered last night, though, is that the cover glows in the dark!

Other books I read recently, all of which were from the library, not the book swap, are

--Chilled to the Cone by Ellie Alexander; another of the Bakeshop mysteries.  This one reads just as quickly as the others.  Always a good, relaxing choice of read.

--The Hidden One by Linda Castillo.  The fourteenth in the Kate Burkholder series, it was gripping and I didn't want to put it down.  I think I read it in three days.  




No comments:

Post a Comment