Wednesday, June 7, 2023

June Knitting Update

So very little knitting to report on. I'm seeing things I'd like to knit, but actual time spent with needles in my hands is very sparse.  Farm life really ramps up in May, and I'm running approximately 7 a.m. until 9 p.m. or even later.  Like, literally on my feet doing physical labor.  Often by the time I shower and sit at night, all I want is a bowl of ice cream in my hand.  Forget knitting.  Or stitching.  Or reading.

I am, however, through the heel gusset on Quadrille sock#2!  Maybe, just maybe, I'll have this sock finished by the July knitting update.




Like the lack of knitting, there has also been a lack of reading.  Again, if you stay outside working (planting, weeding, tending meat chickens, among other tasks) until dark--which currently in Michigan is nearing 10 p.m.--you really don't have time for much of anything before climbing into bed to do it all over again the next day.

I have read maybe almost half of Breakfast With Buddha by Roland Murollo, and not even an entire chapter of Dressage Training Customized by Britta Schoffman.  In order to finish either of them, I am going to have to start scheduling myself some reading time.  School just ended for the summer, so as of this week I am no longer babysitting Faline and Buck on Thursdays. Hopefully that will help me balance my schedule a bit more--I'm 'gaining' nine hours weekly by not being needed for childcare during the summer break.


No comments:

Post a Comment