Wednesday, June 14, 2023

Sewing in June

I actually did a little sewing in the last week! I took my Thursday, now that I'm not babysitting Faline and Buck for the summer, and I spent probably two hours messing around with fabric!  

I finished, (maybe, because I don't like how bunchy it is and I'm thinking of taking it apart,) a Crows Foot quilt block.  I'd started it in early May, and it's been languishing since. The instructions were basically cutting instructions and a few diagrams of the pieces fit together. With Y seams.  I thought I could do it, as I've done some Y seams successfully in the past.  But this time? I don't know.  I think I should have looked for a tutorial.  Because my quilt block sure isn't pretty. Or flat.


I had much better results with a Spring Tulips block



and a Churn Dash block.



I am mostly done with the cross stitching on the Santa ornament I've been slowly working on this Spring.  Maybe I'll have it all complete (including back-stitching and beading) in July.


My garden is fully planted, so now there's just weeding to do (and watering as needed) until the crops start to come in.  Hopefully that means soon I'll be able to squeeze in more time for crafting.

Or not, as we are about to go full steam on a big project outdoors.  Lots and lots of fence posts to install, and then the fencing to stretch and attach.  And hay is ready for cutting too; as soon as the weather gives us a clear 3-4 day stretch we're next on my custom hay guy's list.


No comments:

Post a Comment