Wednesday, August 2, 2023

August Knitting Update

 July was not a very knitty time for me this year.  I didn't even take a knitting project on vacation for working on in the car; mainly because we were taking the three eldest grandchildren and keeping them busy in the backseat with a minimum of bickering takes a lot of my attention.  Nothing left for keeping track of where in a pattern I am or even if I am dropping stitches when I turn around to see what's going on back there.

I did manage to get through the first 69 rows of the Traveling Woman shawl I had cast on in June, and am now ready to start the lace chart.



I read two books. Or, rather, finished one I had been reading all ready (Beyond the Track: Retraining the Thoroughbred from Racehorse to Riding Horse by Anna Morgan Ford) and then started and finished The Sweetheart Deal by Polly Dugan (which is a pretty quick and easy read although the story-line--death of a husband/father/friend--wasn't all that light.  I did enjoy it though.)

Newly picked up from the library, where I had it on hold, and barely started is my next read: Silence of the Grave by Arnaldur Indridason.  It is the second of a series he wrote; I had read and very much enjoyed the first one back in 2020 just as Covid was sweeping the US.  It's been my intent, since then, to find and read the rest of the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment