Wednesday, September 6, 2023

September Knitting Update

 I knit exactly six rows on my Traveling Woman shawl in the past month.  Six.  That's it.  It's high tomato season here, so there's been lots of all day canning sessions and no energy at the end of those to even pick up my knitting needles.

In the pictures below, you can see just the beginnings of the lace on the shawl. That's those six rows I've done.  Maybe half of the lace chart, which is supposed to get repeated in its entirety four times before doing another, longer, lace chart before binding off.  At this rate, maybe I'll have myself a light weight lacy shawl to wear for Christmas, LOL.



Actually, gardening season is drawing to an end, maybe one more intense month (grapes, pears, apples) and then I'll be done processing food and will have more time for crafts.

 There are two books in the top picture.  One I literally just finished, and the other that's next in line for me to read.

Just finished is The Sewing Machine by Natalie Fergie.  It was okay.  I almost put it aside, but then decided to see it through.  It got a bit better close to the end, all the disjointed pieces clicked together and made sense, but overall it wasn't anything that really kept my attention.

About to be started is Forging On by Catherine Robinson.  It sounds like it could be good.  I hope so.

Also read (apparently I was too hot and tired to knit, but not to pick up a book) were:
  • The Women of the Copper Country by Mary Doria Russell, which I found quite interesting (probably mostly because I am familiar with the area and some of the historical events in this book).
  • The Bodyguard by Katherine Center.  Another light, quick read by a favorite author.

No comments:

Post a Comment