Wednesday, October 11, 2023

Sewing and Stitching, October Update

The sewing and stitching report for October has lots of things to talk about.

I made some more bear clothes:

  • a skirt and shirt for K3's bear, 
  • sweatpants for Toad's, and 
  • pants for Rascal's bear. 
None of which I have pictures to share.  

Also in the no-picture category was some special request sewing for Faline; she had been playing in her intended Halloween costume and accidentally torn it.  I was really surprised to get a phone call from very worried sounding two-year-old asking me if I could "please fix my Mirabel dress, Ahma."  It was a really simple fix, as the fabric had just pulled apart at the bodice/skirt seam.  While I was at it, I reinforced the entire seam, not just the torn part, as well as the side seams.  When I returned it to her, I got a big hug and many thanks.  Apparently I have saved Halloween, LOL.

I spent some time sewing a few quilt blocks for an internet forum quilt I am participating in. Those, I did take pictures of.


9-patch


churn dash



9 patch variation


tick tack toe


There has also been a bit of counted cross stitching going on.  (It's nice that it's dark by 8 p.m. this time of year; I have more time for relaxing and crafting rather than working outside until nearly bed time).

The Candy Cane Santa that I finished stitching earlier this year, I pulled out and have been working off and on at getting the beading sewn on.  While waiting for my grape juice to process in the canner this past weekend I was able to get the last of the beading done.  Now it just needs to be trimmed, and have a felt backing and a hanging string glued on. Maybe in November, maybe not until December.  That can wait until I have my other Santa stitched and ready for the same final steps.



My Cardinal Santa, the other cross stitch one I've been working on occasionally, is suddenly very much closer to completion.  I spent a 9+ hour day babysitting Buck last week, and over the course of two long naps that he took, I stitched up a storm!  Once the cross stitching and back-stitching are done, I'll go right to the beading on this one.  Depending on when that is, I'll decided if I have enough time to do any more cross-stitch Santas to give as Christmas presents this year or not.  






No comments:

Post a Comment