Wednesday, February 14, 2024

Sewing and Stitching Update, February

 I did quite a bit of counted cross-stitching in the past month.  I guess I started it since the January update, and have the cross stitched portion (not to count the backstitching, etc.) about half done already!



The pattern is one I purchased off of Etsy and is by the same designer as the fox I stitched last winter.  It's a cute little Eurasian red squirrel in a very warm and comfy looking sweater.  I decided not to do mine on quite as dark of cloth as the original and am using a piece of  'natural' colored Aida instead.


In addition to stitching the squirrel, I've been working at least a few hours a week on the baby quilt for grandbaby #6.  It took a week for me to get all the pieces for the star blocks cut.  31 blocks with 17 pieces per block = 527 pieces.

Then I started sewing the star blocks together, beginning with the lowest number of stars needed in a particular fabric combo and working my way up the the highest number.  That took about a week and a half of my designated sewing time.




one of these for the center



two of these

eight of these



eight of these also
(color really off in this photo)


twelve of these


You're probably thinking "how are those blocks ever going to be in the same quilt and go together?"  If the mental picture I have, and the rudimentary drawing in colored pencils that I did before even starting to cut any fabric turn into reality, it's going to work.  Trust me.


It'll be a loud quilt, that's for sure, but hopefully cohesively chaotic rather than just a clashing mess.


first four rows


No comments:

Post a Comment