Wednesday, February 7, 2024

Knitting Update, February

This month, I finished sock #1 of my Textured Lace socks, and have five repeats (of 7) of the leg chart done on sock #2!  Does that mean in March I'll be showing you a totally finished sock #2?  That would be nice.  Maybe I'll make it my goal to complete sock #2 in February.


I read five books (!!!):

1. Winter Solstice by Rosamunde Pilcher.  I think I liked this book.  Although for most of it I was just kind of half-interested reading along.  I did read it all the way through, and it did get better (as in, start to look like a cohesive plot line rather than random stuff involving random characters).  Overall, I didn't think it was as good as it had been hyped to be--I mean, I requested it through my library and then waited more than three months for it, it was supposedly that popular.  But it wasn't bad.

2. Voices by Arnaldur Indridason. Another in the Detective Erlendur series.  Another great read, as the previous two in the series were.  Not a cozy mystery, yet not overly gory or graphic (in murder or in romantic scenes) either.  Will be putting the next one in this series on my To Read List for later in 2024.

3. The Half-Stitched Amish Quilting Club by Wanda Brunstetter.  Some of this author's books I like and some I really find not as well written.  This one was fairly decently done with just a few spots I thought not so great.  I will probably be seeking out the next one in this trilogy and seeing if it's good too.

4. Dream Town by Lee Goldberg.  This is the latest in the Eve Ronin series, and it did not disappoint.  I absolutely devoured this book in three days (no knitting got done those evenings!)

5. Hello Stranger by Katherine Center. This is her newest novel, and, like her others, it sucks you in and is hard to put down.

Currently I'm reading The Bookshop on the Shore by Jenny Colgan.  I just started it, so will talk about it next month rather than today.


No comments:

Post a Comment