Saturday, April 6, 2024

My New Grandson Has Arrived!

 Grandbaby #6 arrived almost three weeks ago.  Despite being induced at the 37 week mark, he's the biggest one yet!  8 pounds, 6 ounces and 21 1/4" long!  Which is partly why the doctor decided to induce three week early.

Unlike my other grandkids, it's taken me a bit to figure out what his blog name is going to be. His siblings were easy, as they were both born during deer hunting season, so naturally they got deer-related names.  He was due in early April, and we knew he was going to most likely come via induction before Easter, and I really couldn't find a Spring-ish name that felt right.  And then it hit me:  He's the sixth!  

So, I introduce to you, Sixlet! Anybody remember the Sixlet candies?  I loved those when I was little.  He's small (ok, not compared to the other newborns, but compared to the size they all are currently), and he's sweet, and he's my sixth grandbaby.


Faline adores him

And now that he's here, and his quilt has been gifted, I can finally post a picture of how it turned out.



No comments:

Post a Comment