Clamps! Also known as grip clips, depending on the brand.
Relatively.
Which, over time, was not satisfying enough in the neatness or efficiency departments for me. So in 2025 I took the clamps I had on hand that I'd originally bought for using in my garden shed (and hadn't yet because that project is still unfinishined, DH having lost interest and forgotten about completeing the little details once the walls, roof and doors were assembled together) and installed them in the barn.
I did use two different sizes, the large and medium, if I remember right, depending on how thick of a handle particular things had.
manure forks (and in the bottom right you can see the head of the extension duster)
the old broom I use for 'sweeping' up the saturated bedding in the pee spot(s) in stalls
There are still a few things, like the scoop shovel I use for wet bedding, and as a dust pan when sweeping the aisle, that get propped against the wall because their handles are super thick and I don't have a big enough clamp, but most items are hung and held in place with the clamps.
So now instead of everything being two or three tools deep and having to daily shuffle things to get to other things, and quite often having something get knocked over or tripped on, I have neatness and ease:
ah, tools neatly hung
It's so much more efficient, and satisfying, to have all the handles in a single layer and be able to quickly grab just the tool I want rather than shuffling through them all leaned against the wall . These clips/clamps are another example of those little things that don't cost much at all but make life so much better.





No comments:
Post a Comment