Friday, September 11, 2026

Happy Things Friday, Mostly in Pictures

 

A jug of freshly pressed apple cider from our first family Labor Day gathering and cider making.
(Thought up and press provided by DS2.)

A camouflaged little friend I found in DD1's apple tree  while DH was mowing their yard.


Just one of many large lady praying mantis I have seen lately around this little place here
(my hand for scale)


Evening sun through an interesting cloud.

Rides through the woods on the LBM

A family joke from long ago: Tag to you, 
'Dead Pony' deodorant to my kids and I.
(An example of humor in sadness that can survive decades.)

Chicken of the woods?  I don't have an experienced mushroom person to verify id, 
so I didn't harvest and eat it.



A monarch caterpillar munching away on a milkweed leaf.

Not pictured:
--DH found and acquired a used, running, ride-on lawnmower on Thursday evening for DD1 and Honorary Son, so he won't need to mow both their lawn and ours on a weekly basis for the rest of the mowing season.  Loading our zero-turn on our trailer and hauling it to their house every week to week and half, plus mowing for them while he was there, was getting hard to squeeze into the schedule, especially with our weather tending toward fall rainy-ness.

--Yummy smoked spare ribs and carne asada DH made for our dinner on Labor Day when (almost) all our kids and grandkids were here for cider making.

--a whole bunch of Roma tomatoes from DS1's garden that I will make into sauce.

1 comment:

  1. This is the second post today I have read where someone found this mushroom and I have never heard of it! But, yeah, looks like the ones they found, too.

    ReplyDelete