Wednesday, February 5, 2020

Yarn Along: February 2020

I am joining Ginny today for the Yarn Along!

Since my knitting update of January, I have finished the Meandering socks that I was working on.  I'm loving their very bright and sunny color.


I have been working on another pair of socks, intended to be for DS2's birthday next month.  The pattern is called Wanderlust, and (other than the heel, which I substituted a gusset heel in eye of partridge) is very easy to follow.  I decided to forego the charted pattern on the foot portion--afraid of not having enough of my contrast color for both socks--and am just doing plain stockinette in the master color for the feet.



I have done a fair bit of reading in the past month.  On January 7th I set myself a goal of walking a mile on the treadmill every day.  As incentive, I would read while I walked.  I used to be quite good at reading and walking at the same time; this was my technique through the halls of junior high and high school to avoid having to speak to people (massive introvert).  So, putting a book on the front tray thing of our treadmill, I've gotten a solid uninterrupted half hour of reading just about every day.

As a result, I've read three novels in not quite 30 days!

In The Company of Others by Jan Karon--a nice engaging read in the Mitford Series
Her Last Breath by Linda Castillo--intense murder mystery thriller
Caught Bread Handed by Ellie Alexander--light and fun murder mystery

Currently, I am about half way through The Lost Husband by Katharine Center.  

If these authors sound familiar, it's because I took a look at everything I read last year, and made a list of other books by the authors I most enjoyed reading.  That list is my intended reading for this year; at least as many as I can find through the local library and the state-wide lending system it gives me access to.  I'm sure I'll throw in a few books not on the list too, as I run across them on the new book shelves of the library.

No comments:

Post a Comment