Wednesday, March 1, 2023

March Knitting Update

 With the power being out recently, I actually got a lot of knitting done.  It's one activity that didn't require much electrical input at all; just a bit of light to see by.  The socks I'm knitting for my Mom are coming right along.  As you can see by the picture (taken Saturday), sock #1 is done, and sock #2 had a couple of repeats on the foot completed. 

I don't have an updated picture (more phone problems, being as it's over 4 years old and the battery also seems to have a bad cell in it, I'm thinking it might be time to upgrade before DH and I go on vacation later this month), but as of last night I finished the toe decreases and only need to do the grafting before the sock is finished.


The book in the picture, I didn't actually read much of.  I started it about mid-week, but just really couldn't get into it.  On Sunday afternoon I gave myself permission to set it aside and try a different book.  I am currently reading Ann Hazelwood's The Forgiving Quilt. and am enjoying it more than I thought I would.

Books that I did read all the way through in the past month were:

  • A Mother's Rule of Life by Holly Pierlot, which I talked a bit about in February's knitting update.
  • The Woman in the Camphor Trunk by Jennifer Kincheloe.  Another Anna Blanc mystery series, I sure hope the author writes more!  This book was funny, kept me guessing, hard to put down, and just a fun read in general.






No comments:

Post a Comment